A Veteran's Day Thank You....

...to one hell of a Vet!

Is there anything special about November 11? You betcha! It's Veteran's Day! A day where everyone should thank a vet they know. In my case, I'm thanking a Marine--who usually goes by "Pops" from me. I did these nails as a thank you to my dear old Dad who became a Marine February 24, 1974 (or at least I think that's what this says). I'm reading the date of the Marine Corps ring he got when he graduated boot camp. I took it a while ago and put yarn so it shrunk the ring enough to fit on my middle finger. Pictures below!
For these Marine Corps nails I did a flag on the thumb, "USMC" split across the index and ring, the Staff Sergeant Insignia (my Pops' rank), and dress blues (a Marine Corps uniform) on the pinky. The ring in the photo is my dad's USMC ring.
I used Ulta Skinny (from the Ulta I've Got the Blues collection), 
Orly Liquid Vinyl, Orly White on White, Color Club Art Club 
in Black and White, OPI Curry Up Don't Be Late, a gold 
striper from Icing, and OPI Color So Hot It Berns

Thank you Pops! Once a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine. Semper Fi.

2 comments

  1. This was sweet Nik. Did you show Dad? He'd prob really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I don't know how this comment snuck by me! Yes I did send an SMS or MMS whatever the fancy acronym for "picture message" to Dad. He thought they were well done and I think he liked them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig