11 Things for 2011

Happy New Year everyone! I hope your 2010 was a great year and you're looking forward to 2011!


For the last couple of days I've been thinking about resolutions. Most people use a new year as a time to mark new beginnings (like the couple I waited on at the diner who had just gotten engaged--props for deciding to come to diner after that) or to create resolutions (like the Brunette Suburbanite did here) but I couldn't decide whether I wanted to create resolutions that I probably won't keep or to just not make any resolutions and let 2011 "bring it." Eh, I finally made up my mind to create not resolutions (since that word seems to be cursed with imminent failure) but "to-do"s. So here are my 11 things to do in 2011 in no particular order of course:


  1. Save money. No idea what for though, I'm thinking my 21st birthday, a trip to Paris, a new TV, nail polishes.
  2. Continue to do well in my undergrad courses and be a strong law school applicant this fall (ohh that sounds really soon *grabs LSAT practice book and starts studying*). 
  3. Get better at Black Ops. Ok don't laugh just yet-- I have a thirteen year old brother who plays nothing but that game and I never play it so then when I decide to go against him..he always kicks my butt! Just once I'd like to beat him!
  4. Plan/Have an amazing 21st birthday in an amazing location with my sister/family (She LOVES planning vacations and stuff and we're thinking Vegas/Miami/New Orleans/a cruise). AHHH SO EXCITING!
  5. Use EACH of my polishes for the base of a design.
  6. Swatch EACH of my polishes.
  7. Eat healthier and exercise more. Ok so I really enjoy being fit (I was a gymnast for thirteen years) and I really enjoy working out...I just don't anymore. And as far as eating goes...I eat like most people my age do--horribly. I hope to make yoga, working out, and eating healthier legit habits in 2011.
  8. Dress better. Ok, not that I dress horribly but seriously I love the way my sister dresses. Of course, I've walked the "copycat younger sister" path basically all my adolescent life so I'd like to NOT do that now. She does dress really cute though.
  9. Keep my room organized for longer than 6 days. I feel like I have to organize it at least once a week to prevent all out havoc.
  10. Watch all my movies at least once since, like my nail polish collection, my movie collection is a tad...enormous.


And last but not least, my 11th To-Do: Finish everything I start, whatever it might be. Right now I'm looking at a cross-stitch project I started last Christmas that I've been working on the last week. That will be the first unfinished business to be completed!


Hope you all had fun bringing in the new year What are some of your resolutions/to-dos/ideas for 2011?

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig