Swatch: AE Color Collection 1

Today's swatches are of an American Eagle Color Collection given to me for Christmas. I know what you're thinking: Who knew AE even sold nail polishes??
I'm not sure how many "color collections" American Eagle sells but I have *two* of them :D  Each collection contains four .17 oz polishes and, while the total collection doesn't have a name, each polish does. Shown above in the packaging are (from L to R) "It's a Disco Ball!", "Ready, Aim, Fire!", "Saturday Night Special", and "In Vino Veritas". They all dried really fast and had surprisingly great formulas. My favorite is definitely Saturday Night Special but enough gabbing...to the polish!

First up is It's a Disco Ball!, a thick silver/white glitter polish. Shockingly I don't have anything like it in my collection so I'm pleased to have this addition. This is 3 coats.

 

Next is Ready, Aim, Fire!, a very pigmented red creme polish. I did three coats but two coats would have been fine for this polish. My pictures turned out a lot more pink than how it really comes off but eh I guess that's what I get for using my Droid as a camera ;)

 

Third in the set is Saturday Night Special. I'm not really sure how to describe this polish. It looks so exciting in these pictures with the flash but it's really subtle in real life. I guess I'd say it's a black/gray/brown base with gold/brown micro glitter? Sure that sounds good :) 






And this last one with no flash:


Last up is In Vino Veritas, which has a jelly (I think) finish. It's a deep red polish that was seriously opaque in 1 coat. Who doesn't love that? But because I'm me and I always do 3 coats the pictures have 3.




Here they all are sharing my hand: In Vino Veritas, Ready, Aim, Fire!, Saturday Night Special, and It's a Disco Ball!
Pretty :)

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig