How do you take your caviar, sir?

Picture a well groomed, impeccably dressed waiter from 1912 asking you that question...a la this scene in the movie Titanic. Today's answer to that question is: I take my caviar on one finger and multi-colored.
I'm talking about the caviar manicure people! I don't know if I've ever had food caviar? Probably. Anyway, today's post is a caviar manicure using the incredible Ciate polishes I got for Christmas 2012. I know I'm not one who is fond of textured manicures but this one gets an A+ for awesomeness. The first caviar mani I did was featured in this post and, although the caviar part fell off about a day later in one huge chunk, I got so many compliments on it IRL that I wanted to do another. It's been far too long.
For this caviar mani I used China Glaze Solar Power on the index and pinkie fingers, Ciate Headliner on the thumb, middle, and ring fingers, and then caviar pearls in Sundance. Adorbs no??

Also, funny story. When I was looking online for a photo of the scene in Titanic, I found (can you believe it) a fellow nail blog Short'n Chic. Apparently I'm not the only one who has made the Titanic-caviar joke in connection with nail polish. Well played Short'n Chic. Well played indeed.

5 comments

  1. being a movie nerd, i love how you've mixed nail art and movies here. love the caviar title and polish idea. we totally should do a collab on something cinematic here girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to come up with a really good collab idea because that would be awesome! If you come up with anything let me know!

      Delete
  2. Hey thanks for following my blog :-)

    This is cool. I really like the Ciate pearls, but find myself wanting to pick them all off ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They are a definite distraction but they're just so cool!

      Delete
  3. Some, who find the flavor (described as egg yolk, iodine and possibly hazelnut) overly intense may serve caviar on small toasts or Russian pancakes known as blinis, Concessionary garnishes include, lemon, onion, pepper, herbs or crème fraiche. caviar in Dubai

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig