Valentine's Day 2017

This marks Andrew and my 6th Valentine's Day together! We've never been one for the get-dressed-up-and-go-out-to-a-fancy-restaurant Valentine's Day celebration and so we've started to just make a really yummy dinner at home. It's low key but we try to make it as gourmet as possible. I mean, we may not want to go out to a fancy restaurant, but we certainly don't mind some fancy food! This year I went all out. Think candles, fabric napkins, menu card, etc. And the menu for this year?? Over the top. The main course was bacon-wrapped filet with mushroom gravy, steamed lobster tail, potatoes au gratin, and steamed broccoli. It was delicious and my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

We also don't go nuts with gifts for this holiday. Partially because we don't actually like Valentine's Day and partially because...we're lazy? But I was pretty pleased with my pun of a card...
Andrew really likes the wireless lightbulbs that you can control with an app on your phone or by voice command to our Google Voice. So I bought him some Philips Hue light bulbs to try out. He loves them. He immediately started setting them up and playing with the colors and voice commands.
While he was playing with his new toys I sat back with my wine and dessert (store bought--no credit to me there) and relaxed.
 And if you're wondering what Andrew got for me....well....my favorite Godiva chocolates of course! And this year it came with a parisian teddy bear! How cute is that little beret??
 And a quick (somewhat blurry) photograph of my nails. Pink for Valentine's Day of course!
I hope you all enjoyed Valentine's day with your friends, family, or that special someone!

1 comment

  1. i too love low key but fancy home-made creative surprises! but foodies likeyou two should also go out for dinner (not necessarely somewhere fancy) and post all about it!!! haha!! happy you spent a lovely v day and i can't wait to hear from you about our swap!!! XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig